Sunday 26 July 2015

Pretty Jointed Dolls

After the jointed dolls I made with my own pattern I saw a picture of a doll I wanted to try and make.  I went on etsy to buy this pattern here LaliDolls.  I've made 2 dolls with this pattern.  These dolls are more cuddly than the other jointed dolls I've made.  They also have a small magnet inside their heads where their mouths are so their pacifiers can stick to their mouths.  I followed the instructions on this video to make the magnetic dummy.  The blond doll is named Ella.  Ella is a 14 in Waldorf inspired button jointed doll.  She has ivory colored mohair wool for her hair. The brown haired baby is called Abigail.  Abigail is also a 14 in Waldorf inspired button jointed doll. She has a dark brown mohair wig for her hair.  I got the wig cap here, Kemper Doll Supplies.  
This is Ella :)
Ella's dress was made from a Simplicity pattern I already had and her diaper was made with the pattern that came with the doll pattern.  You can find many patterns and tutorials for doll diapers online though.  Her little shoes were from a shop.
 

This is Abigail :)  Her dress is from a simplicity pattern I already had and her diaper is also from the pattern that came with the doll pattern.  Her little shoes are also from a shop.
 Abigail showing her bellybutton and diaper.
 You can see more pictures of them on my FB pageEtsy page, and my Pinterest.

I like this pattern.  I like the dolls I made from it but there are things about them that I'd like a little bit different.  So I'm still going to work on making my own jointed doll pattern.  That's something I want to start working on soon that and also a pattern for a non-jointed weighted doll the size of a newborn.  Wish me luck :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment