Monday 13 July 2015

First ever post :)

Hi :)
This is my first post on here. I thought I'd share a picture of my first 2 dolls I made 3 years ago.
I remember I was looking around online for crafting inspiration when I saw the most beautiful
doll. The article said the woman who made the doll had gone to take some courses to learn all about that kind of doll and how to make them and they were called Waldorf dolls or Steiner dolls.  I wanted to see if I could make one for myself. Unfortunately I didn't have the money to make an official Waldorf doll, as they can be quite expensive to create.  They are all natural dolls stuffed with real wool and their clothes are made with all natural products as well.  As I kept reading on different blogs and other sites, I found out that I could make a Waldorf inspired doll.  This was and is more possible for me, as I can stuff them with polyester stuffing and their hair can be made with any kind of yarn.  Armed with that information I set out to see if I could make one of these dolls and I made 2 :)


They were made from a 100% cotton t shirt that was dyed.  That was 3 years ago and since then my dolls have changed quite a bit.  I make them with actual doll skin material now :)  This is one of my latest little girlies :)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment