Thursday 16 July 2015

Little Boy Doll

My favorite thing to create is dolls.  I love making them but I am my worst critic.  I'm never quite satisfied with what I do, but these latest dolls I think have come out ok :) I decided to try and make a boy doll with embroidered hair.  I saw this picture by lalinda on pinterest.  It's a doll with embroidered hair and I loved it, so I thought I'd give it a go.  I used a pattern I made by resizing and tweaking a little bit a doll pattern I bought on etsy.  The original pattern is by HobbyandDolls its called Dolce Dolly.
My little guy's head took me a long while to finish up.

I then finished his body and put him together and started making him an outfit :)
I made him some socks and then resized a baby vest I had and started making him some dungarees :)
Making his shoes was my favorite part :D  I decided to make him some red Converse type shoes.  I got my inspiration from pictures I saw on google images :)  This one is my favorite doll converse.  Just google felt Converse type doll shoes and you'll see quite a few.  I made my shoe pattern by measuring and tracing around his foot, then just used felt and a piece of very sturdy interfacing I got in my fabric shop.  Sorry, I don't know what it is called but you can also use some lightweight cardboard like that of a cereal box.  I used that as part of the sole.  I used my glue gun to put it all together :) 

I also made him a cap.  The cap was a bit of a nightmare for me but that's just me :D  It isn't that difficult to make really.  I used this pattern doll cap and used this tutorial how to doll cap.  It came out ok but a tiny bit too small.  I'll be making him a new one soon :)
Here he is! 
He needs a name now :)





No comments:

Post a Comment