Tuesday 4 August 2015

The Coloring Book Carrier

Last year I decided I was going to make some of the presents we were going to take for our nephews and nieces in Texas.  There are 14 soon to be 15 kids in Texas and 1 here in the UK.  That's a lot of presents :D soooo I decided to make some of the presents last year and am doing the same this year :)
I wanted to share with you what I made for them last year.  I made 4 different projects.  The first project was the coloring book carrier.  I made 4 of these for 4 of our nieces.  They liked them :)  I got the idea from a picture I saw on pinterest.  The tutorial I used came from CRAZY little PROJECTS.  Her tutorial is great and has pictures.  I made mine for 24 crayons.  I took pictures of my 4 when I was finished but I can't find my pictures now :( only a couple of pictures of one of them.
Here it is.


They were fun to make. Was fun choosing all the different fabrics to use.  I decided to personalise each of them with the girl's names.  I embroidered their names on a piece of fabric which I then sewed onto the carrier and then embellished them with appliques I made with my BIGkick machine but since I lost y pictures I can't show you that.  We got crayola colors, coloring books and note pads to put in them.  When miss Lilah-Mai gets a bit older I'll be making her one of these :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment